Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Quilt Market part 2

Holy Moly, where has the time gone? Geesh, it will be time for Spring Quilt Market before I ever get through posting pictures from Fall market, soooooo here's a warning. This is going to be a long post, very picture heavy, so I'll try to be brief with the descriptions. If I post alot of pictures here, then I can finish up with one more post.

So, here's Lynda Hall of Primitive Pieces by Lynda. I "met" her in one of the Yahoo Primitive groups and introduced myself a couple of markets ago. She's a sweetie and look at her wonderful booth. She has a new book out called "Primitive Youngins" with quilts that remind us of the games we played when we were kids.


Hey, Carol, does the quilt in the back at the right look familiar? You did a great job on that one!



This was Bonnie Blue's booth. They are new fabric designers with Marcus Brothers. Love those Civil War quilts!

Here are Tammy and Avis from Joined at the Hip. They have some wonderful new quilts to add to their "Hanging on a Star" collection. They were so nice. I told them how much I liked their pumpkin quilt, so they GAVE me a pattern. Now, how nice is that?


This wonderful quilter is Renee Plains from Liberty Star. She has to be one of the nicest people on the planet. What a sweetie. She also GAVE me her latest book. Aren't quilters the best?

It was so good to see Barri from Bareroots again. Did you know that she was the homecoming queen in high school? Ha, got ya, Barri! I was lucky enough to take a class from her the week of the 9/11 disaster. She provided some much needed relief to a very stressful week. Thanks Barri.
These lovely ladies are Laura Nownes and Diana McClun of From Me to You. You probably know them best as the authors of the quilter's bible, "Quilts, Quilts, Quilts". Every quilter should have this book in their library.

Another view of their booth.

And here's Denise Sheehan of A Graceful Stitch. In addition to creating beautiful quilts, she's also a friend. We were in a quilting group together when I lived in Calif. Hi Denise!

This lovely lady in the middle is the famous Verna Mosquera from The Vintage Spool. She's the one who taught me how to quilt and one of the best and most patient teachers around. And, talk about talent...she's got a ton of it.

Here's proof. Her newest pattern, Jardin de Roses, made with her very own fabric collection, Savon Bouquet, through Westminster Fabrics.
And look who stopped by! It's Pat Sloan. There isn't a busier quilter out there. I swear, she does it all! I'm in her Yahoo group that has about a million members. Well, not that many, but you get the point. Talk about energy...she has a boatload of it. Maybe she gets it from the boats (ships) she teaches on. (a little pun there)
Oh my gosh, these ladies were so much fun. They are Debbie, Mary and Nancy from Out on a Limb. I was standing in the aisle minding my own business when I caught someone frantically waving. I looked everywhere and I was the only one standing there, so I waved back. Needless to say, she wasn't waving at me, but from then on we were like a wind tunnel with our waving back and forth. LOL ( I should have cropped that picture better)
This is Kari from New Leaf Stitches. Isn't she cute? She had the coolest new product that she created. It's called "Clearly Perfect Angles" and makes making half square triangles a breeze. If your local quilt store isn't carrying them, make sure you tell them to order it because it will make your life a whole lot easier.
Here's what it looks like.
And this was her booth.

And look who works with her in the booth. Why, it's Mrs Farmhouse herself. Karen just loves to do the demos, so make sure you ask her to do one when you see her. (that was written with a sarcastic tone. LOL. She HATES doing the demos.)
I even got to meet up with Karen, Sharon, Nancy and Kari for dinner one night. We had a great time. Lots of laughs but too short of a visit. Thanks for the fun, girls.

This is Cherie Ralston. I recognized her walking down the aisle so introduced myself. We are in a couple of Yahoo Primitive groups and she co-authored the book, "Quiltmaker's Guide to Fine Machine Quilting", which is a fabulous book if you want to learn how to machine applique. I keep it right next to my sewing machine and have practically worn it out. We chatted a bit about the Yahoo groups, politics and friendships. Wish we lived closer to each other, Cherie.
And finally, this is Jo Morton's booth. I never got to see her. Maybe she was avoiding me since I'm her latest stalker. Love her stuff.
Another view.
And here I am at Sample Spree with an armload of the newest Jo Morton fat quarters, Providence. No, they aren't all for me. LOL I've turned some of my friends into Jo lovers too.
So, needless to say, I love reconnecting with old friends and meeting new ones. It's such a fun experience.
Sorry if this was too long. Congrats if you made it to the end. I promise the next post will be the last about Market.

18 comments:

Red Geranium Cottage said...

WOW you got some great photos Anne. You were working that camera. It was so much fun hanging out with you and Karen and Kari even if for a short time. Nancy and I had a blast with you girls.
Hugs!!!!

antique quilter said...

great pictures!
thanks for sharing and give us a peek into market.

Carol said...

What a wonderful, wonderful post...since I retired and don't go to Market any more I just miss it like crazy...now I feel like I was there...Lynda's booth was so cute and she is just the best. I had so much fun working with her.

Karen said...

HOLY COW girl you sure get around for someone who didn't leave the booth much, LOL. Thanks for the tour of great booths, it just confirms our taste is sooo much alike. Oh ya thanks for the pic of Kari and I - it confirms that I need to stick with WW, LOL.

Hugs - Karen

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

I love all the pictures. I love all the quilts. I admire anyone who can take fabrics and cut all those small pieces and put them together to make such art!

PamKittyMorning said...

Love all the photos! I love seeing all the people!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for allowing me to visit market. I feel like I was almost there. Don't worry about a long post it was great to see all the booths. BTW i totally enjoy your Blog.

Linda in IN

Carrie ~ Cricketwood Prims said...

Anne,
Wow, great post on quilt market! So many talented designers out there, what fun to be there and see it all.. There was even a new one, Bonnie Blue's.... love that too.
Hey, you have room for one more bundle in sample spree.....LOL....

Carrie

little acorns said...

You should (or I should have!) have gotten a photo of all the bags of bundles underneath my table at Sample Spree!. . . No one would believe it! LOL!
xoxo, Bren

Gayle said...

Looks like you had a WONDERFUL time at Market - so many famous quilters there! Can you tell me which of the primitive groups on Yahoo you belong to? I want to make sure I'm not missing any of them!

Candace said...

Hi Anne, the pictures are great - thanks for a bunch more ideas - LOL!!! Cheers!

Anonymous said...

What wonderful photos of the various booths. Love each and every one of them. You gals must have such a good time at Market..Louise

Anne Sutton said...

You were the photographer of the week at quilt market. Wow you really got the photos. Did you go to every booth? I never saw you leave our booth so you must have run over in the middle of the night LOL!

Anonymous said...

Great post! I loved all the photos and the remarks about each one. Looks like a great place to be.

Hogan's Adventure said...

Hi Annie-Wow you did so good with your camera.....is that the little red one. I think that is what I want, it takes good pics. It all looks so fun and the quilt and booths are amazing. Thanks for sharing. See you soon :)

MARCIE said...

Love all the photos. So very inspiring! Thanks Anne!

Carole said...

Thanks for the pictures of the show! Looks like you had a great time. And... you got to meet sharon and the gang! Lucky you! Thanks again!

Yvette said...

OH MY! I have never traveled this far back in your Blog. I am bookmarking and when I can sit and relax tonight I am going to view all of this eye candy.

I absolutely love everything you make. EVERYTHING!!!

Where in Calif. did you live?