Thursday, October 8, 2009

Quilt Market - set up day

The first day of set up is, more or less, organized chaos! When you see the blank canvas that everyone starts with, it's hard to believe that all the booths can be transformed into beautiful works of art. Here are Sue and Nancy working hard. Where's Anne? Hmmm.
Actually, we like her to stay away during set up. That way we can just do OUR jobs. Hers comes later when the shop owners all want to meet her. We then stay in the background and let her bask in her glory. But for now....SHE'S in the background. LOL

I only took a few pictures because I was working so hard...hear that Anne? She took alot, so head on over to her blog to see more.
Anyway, here are some "before" shots. I'll get the "after" shots for you tomorrow when all the booths are decorated and everyone is ready to go .

I have no idea what booth this is or what this is going to end up looking like. I'll be sure and get an "after" shot for you and maybe some info.


This is Dunroven's booth. Beautiful towels all lined up and color coordinated. Makes you want to buy some, huh?
Until tomorrow.....Anne

16 comments:

Carrie ~ Cricketwood Prims said...

Looks crazy Anne, but in a fun way!! Get some rest tonight, another big day tomorrow!!

antique quilter said...

so exciting!!!!
Love those towels!!!
and yes we need to know more about that little trailer ...maybe Karen ???
Kathie

Anonymous said...

Will you be there for the Quilt Festival also following Market?

Abby and Stephanie said...

The first thing I thought of was the Happy Camper line of fabric. How fun to watch the process of set up!

Crispy said...

Wow what a lot of stuff you must have to bring along with you. Just the planning stage would be something else.

Crispy

Karen said...

I am wondering what that teardrop style trailer is for too.

Cindy said...

I'm thinking that teardrop camper is for 30's fabrics but Stephanie's comment makes sense too.

Organized chaos. LOL

Anonymous said...

Please don't forget us little people who don't get to go. :-) LOL Honestly...envy here!
Enjoy, looks exciting, hard work and fun!!!

Carrie P. said...

Busy time. I can't believe that someone brought a little trailer.

Hogan's Adventure said...

Anne-Looks so fun, wish I was there with you, hey we could sleep in the teardrop....its so cute...have fun....see you soon. xoxox

Candace said...

What a teaser, Anne - not even a clue! I know it will be fabulous, though! Can't believe you took the shot of the teardrop trailer - is that for us? Do you believe we were looking at them online tonight? If there's a raffle for it later, enter our names!!!
Cheers!

happy zombie said...

Ooooh I love the set up pics. The "befores"! I'm so curious about the tear drop trailer. That is one heck of a prop!

Sherri said...

I love these before pictures too...somehow it just helps to capture all of what it must be like to be there!

WoolenSails said...

That is a lot of setting up for everyone.
Love that little trailer, can't wait to see what it is.

Debbie

Red Geranium Cottage said...

I hope you had a great time Anne. So what was that little trailer? It looked adorable.

Simple Home said...

Looks like you've been a busy lady lately. I'm sorry I haven't stopped by too much lately, I've been trying to set up my own blog. I'm sorry to hear about your mom too. My own mother has been going through some health difficulties too, and just like yours, she's been very healthy and active up until just recently. Blessings,
Marcia