Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A Christmas party

I know I’m a bit late with this post.  Life just gets a bit hectic at times and…you all know what I’m saying!

The first weekend in Dec I flew to Calif for my annual Christmas party with my longtime girlfriends. (notice that I didn’t say OLD).  We calculated that we’ve been doing this every year for the past 28 years.  When I lived there, we got together every month.  They still do and I join them whenever I can.

The party this year was at Marsha’s house and it was decorated to the nines.

I love this collection of snowmen in a primitive box.

GG Christmas 2009 004

More snowmen.   Marsha made the Santa quilt and lucky for me…she made 2 of them and the year she drew my name, I got one! 

GG Christmas 2009 006

And more snowmen on the mantle.

GG Christmas 2009 007

She also made this snowman quilt and not only did she make one, she made FIVE and we each got one.   That was a special year.  GG Christmas 2009 008

Look how cute this all looks sitting on her old school desk. 

GG Christmas 2009 010And more snowmen!GG Christmas 2009 012 

This is sitting in her entry way.  Cute, huh?

GG Christmas 2009 025

A few more snowmen!

GG Christmas 2009 067 

Even in the bathroom!

GG Christmas 2009 061

Her quilts are all displayed perfectly.

GG Christmas 2009 069GG Christmas 2009 072

And some cross stitch.

GG Christmas 2009 070

We can’t leave Santa out.

GG Christmas 2009 073

And of course, the tree.  (notice the palm tree in the backgound.  LOL  I just noticed that it looks like the lampshade is part of it.)GG Christmas 2009 074

You were a great hostess Marsha.  Thanks for another fun party!  

Next up…our gift exchange.

28 comments:

Celia said...

What a beautiful Christmas house! And everything looks so cozy and well done!!!!
I love the house full of handmade-with-love things!!!!!
Love it!

Abby and Stephanie said...

I could go shopping at Marsha's gorgeous home. I have a thing for snowmen. How special for you to receive not only a darling santa quilt but a cute snowman one too. Special goodies from a treasured friend.

Carol said...

Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful house with us! Love her quilts!

Jocelyn said...

Wow everything is decorated so beautifully! You have some very special friends.

Crispy said...

The santa quilt is wonderful, lucky you!! I love that little snowman ornament with the candy cane hair...adorable!!

Crispy

Ruth said...

Love the snowmen!! Have any of you seen a display of melting snowmen? I saw one last year at a home tour and it was so cute!!! I want to know how to make them. It looked like they were made of muslin and the fabric was stiffened. There were a bunch of them and they all looked like they were melting - drooping. I would like to make some if I could figure out how to do it.

Country Prims said...

Hi, just stumbled on your blog and love it-can't see how to follow though? Such beautiful quilts and I especially love wool work-I am trying to make a penny rug; my first attempt-we shall see how it goes:lol. Have a good day Shazy x

Linda said...

Unbelievable decorating. I am so envious. Thanks for sharing.

Connie said...

Your friends house is just darling. I particularly like snowmen and would love to know how she decorated her pots with snowman faces. Thank you for sharing your wonderful pictures.

Rachel said...

Wow - what a beautiful snowman collection, and a beautiful house overall. You are so lucky to have those cherished, long-term (I didn't use the "o" word) friendships. They are worth gold!

Kris said...

What a beautiful and inviting home! I too have remained very close with all of my girlfriends. Some of us going all the way back to the 5th grade. We are all turning 50 this year, and planning a cruise, just the gals, to commemorate it! Where in CA did you live? I am in So. Cal.

Sandy F said...

Wow, that is one beautiful house. Alot of great friends also.
Thanks for the great picutres of Emma and Mason too. What memories.
Have a great New Year!

Yvette said...

I would never want to leave.
Gorgeous!

Anna said...

Can you tell Marsha that I think she might like me as a friend...in fact I could be her best friend!

WoolenSails said...

Really wonderful decorations. Really makes you feel the christmas spirit and warmth.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful house all decorated for Christmas. I Love it!! Thanks for sharing it with us.
I love snowmen...thought the little snowman tree was adorable!! And seeing all the quilts makes me miss working in the quilt shop.

~Cindy~

Lorraine said...

what fabulous decorations!! Just amazing! How wonderful that you still catch up with each other....thanks for sharing the pics....and happy new year!!

Janet said...

Gorgeous home and gorgeous decorations, sigh. Thanks for showing the photos. Happy New Year.

Lori said...

What a welcoming warm house! Your friend is a very generous quilter!!

Ronda said...

I love your home! So warm and cozy. I love the quilts. I especially love the Santa sampler. I would love to have that pattern. Do you remember where you got that one from. I would love to make it for our home. Thanks for sharing your home with me. Ronda
clementsrandy@yahoo.com

Libby said...

What fun! I made the journey to CA for a quilter's Christmas party this year . . . . I hope that I can keep doing so for 28 years!

Carrie P. said...

What great decorations. I love snowmen too.
Congrats on the quilt.
Happy New Year!

Cindy said...

I'd say you belong in a magazine.

Can I come sit and enjoy the beautiful surroundings?

Diane K said...

What a lovely home. I love to see the photos of Christmas decorations. Even after I set mine up, I am always going around making changes. Love the snowmen display. I recognize your snowman pillow from last year. It looks bigger than I thought. What size are those little pillows? Happy New Year.

**MIGNONNE** said...

I can't get your adorable Santa quilt out of my mind. I too would love to know if the Santa quilt has a pattern that can be purchased. It is adorable!!! Any info you could share would be very much appreciated.

mignonnecg@yahoo.com

carpet cleaning Redwood City said...

Interesting article. Were did you got all the information from? Anyway thank you for this great post!

Pinellas County Jail said...

Christmas parties are my most favorite parties in the whole year.

sociétés off shore said...

I love this collection of snowmen and Santa Claus.