Saturday, August 4, 2012

We're going on a shop hop!

As I mentioned in my last post, we were in San Diego for a wedding and went down there a day early to hit up the quilt shops that I've heard so much about.  

Today we'll start with Fat Quarters Quilt Shop in Vista, CA.

When I walked in the door, I immediately recognized Michelle Joyner from Quilt Market.  She's been a Bunny Hill customer over the years.  She's so sweet!

This is the side of the shop.  Sorry I didn't get a picture of the front but I was so excited to get inside.   LOL


The shop is an old farmhouse with lots of rooms and nooks and crannies.   It was so fun to just wander and wander finding fun new things at every turn.





Lots of Civil War fabrics and so many samples you just have to buy the pattern to add to your stash of projects you'll never get done in this lifetime.  Hehe.








What's a gal to do with so much eye candy?   SHOP!


I fell in love with this quilt and they had it in a kit....so it came home with me.    It's called "General Jackson" by Clothesline Quilts.


Tons of patterns and samples by Cheri Payne.  She lives in the area, so the local shops get her original samples to display.  Ahhhh heaven!





This next one knocked my socks off!  Yep, I bought that pattern too!





The upstairs attic area is where you'll find all the juvenile and 30's reproductions fabrics.





Have you ever seen so much fabric?   This room was filled to the max with homepuns and plaids.


This is the main display area.   See the little bundle of batiks that are in the lower left?  I've labeled it for you.  Well, that's IT for batiks in this shop!   Now...that's MY kind of quilt shop!   (grin).  Okay, all you batik lovers, don't bother calling the batik police to come and get me.  I won't answer the door!


And there is even a great selection of wool!   What can be any better?  Cottons n Wool!


When I went into the classroom, I saw this wonderful quilt by Cheri Payne.   It's Cheri's actual quilt called Folk Art Gathering.   It was taught here as a block of the month.   They have all the patterns available to do this one.  Cheri incorporates wool into this one.   My kinda gal!


And this is Jan Patek's latest Girl Gang project.   I loved it too.


I have to say that if I lived in the area, I would be completely broke.   I loved everything about it and Michelle was so sweet and helpful.    Also, meeting up with Julie Isa (See previous post), was a thrill too.   All in all, I'd give it a 10!  

Paulette, you better make sure you get to this one next winter, come h*ll or high water....High water being the operative word, right?  

If you see anything you'd like, just give Michelle a call.   In addition to the website, they are on Facebook, so be sure and check it out!

Hugs, Anne

7 comments:

Lori said...

Gorgeous shop filled with everything I love!! Thanks for the tour!!

Wendy said...

You lucky girl to visit this shop. I'm with you, I can't do batiks, don't even want them in my house.
The pictures are fantastic.

Sandy F said...

Now I know why you loved this shop!

moosecraft said...

Oh my goodness! What great eye candy to start the day with! I'm inspired to spend today quilting now! Yes... General Jackson and the CP one that knocked your socks off look like must-have's for me too! :-) Ahhhhhh....

Candace said...

Oh Anne - this shop pulls at my heartstrings - and pocketbook! What a wonderful place! I have to put this one on my bucket list!
Cheers!

Karen said...

Whoa sister that is some serious eye candy. I'm with you I would be broke or banned from going in there to often lol. Thanks for shopping for me :).

hugs

paulette said...

Oh I will be there all right..with bells on!!...and let's hope there is no high water...or He** for that matter!! Good thing it's this Winter- that should give Michelle plenty of time to re-stock the shelves after the damage you did!! And let's make it crystal clear... I DO NOT want that bundle of batiks!! haha...Oh NO...The Batik Police are knocking at MY door!!
Have a good one!!
P