Sunday, March 1, 2015

A challenge accepted

Before the holidays started last year, Karen and I were talking and she asked me if I wanted to do a challenge with her in the upcoming year.   Another monthly project?  Hmm, why not?   After finally deciding on the pattern, we thought it would be fun to include Sandy “no blog” in our challenge.  She’s always up for making something new…   So began our journey.  

We decided on a pattern by Lori Smith of “From my heart to your hands”, called Fit to Frame #6. 

Fit to Frame Lori Smith

No rules….just get er done!  We decided on 3 blocks per month so that it wouldn’t be hanging on for a whole year.   After all, they are only 6 inch blocks.  Very doable in a month. 

Sandy and I both decided (independently of one another) to do cotton backgrounds with wool applique. 

This one is Sandy’s…

IMG_3574

and here’s mine.

IMG_3575

So… we’ll be posting our progress around the first of each month for the next 4 months.    We will also be posting on Instagram if you want to follow us there.    @cottonsnwool and @sfeigner.   Hope you enjoy our journey.

Now head on over to Karen’s blog and see how she decided to make hers up.   It’s always fun to see how different people can take the same pattern and put their own personal style to it.   

That’s it from my neck of the woods.  We had a little snow over the weekend, but certainly not enough to bring our snowfall total up to where it should be.   It’s been nice having such mild weather this winter, but we might be paying for it this summer in the form of forest fires.   Not a good thing.  I’m sure the people on the east coast of the USA would love to send us some of their snow.  Wow, they’ve been walloped!   We will be going to Boston in Sept.   Do you think their snow will be melted by then?  LOL

Hugs, Anne 

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for asking me to join in the challenge. I love seeing each of ours and the differences.

WoolenSails said...

That is a fun pattern and I like how it is small enough to do as a framed piece.

Debbie

paulette said...

Great project!! Fit to Frame #13 was one of my first wool projects and it's still one of my favourites! Lovely choice! Now I'm off to see what Karen's been up to!
P

Anonymous said...

Great blocks! Going to be really pretty!

Karen said...

Love both sets of blocks - fun to see the different backgrounds as well as the wools chosen. Now onto the next set.

Lori said...

What a fun project and I love doing cotton backing with wool appliques. Very pretty!

Kathy MacKie said...

Looks very doable, thanks for sharing.

Janet O. said...

All three of you are doing beautiful work. I really like Lori's patterns, and these little blocks are very tempting. : )

Paula DiMattei said...

Love your blocks. I Live just south of Boston. send me your address. I'd be glad to ship some snow your way (LOL). just got 4" more last night. I look forward to seeing your progress. Lori Smith is one of my favs too!

Jeanna said...

I really like that quilt and I love yours and Sandy's blocks. I'm heading over to Karen's now.

Sandi said...

Love your mixes of wool and cottons along with Sandy's. I checked out Karen and like her pops of cotton prints in the mix.

I was tempted by this pattern last year when I was in Houston, now you are tempting me again!

Look forward to the next set of blocks,

Patty Nordahl said...

I do believe it will all be gone by September. Now the 4th of July is another question. We are expected to break the all time record tomorrow. Today it's 40 positively balmy but raining.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That's a beautiful quilt, and how sweet you have people who can join you on the challenge so you can enjoy it together!

Joan said...

Love your projects! Thanks for sharing! xo