Sunday, June 16, 2013

Civil War Sunday

It's Civil War Sunday with Karen again.    This week we're showing you 2 blocks to make up for missing last Sunday's deadline.    These blocks are nice and easy to make, so we should be able to finish up on time.  (whenever that is).  :)

This first one up is called "Strength in Union".   It's been interesting to follow along with Barbara Brackman's stories of the Civil War.


And this one is called "Fox and Geese".   


And, the two of them together.   



 Head on over and see what wonderful blocks Karen has stitched up.   


And now, we return our previously scheduled programming... Quilt Market.  LOL 
    
This is Joyce Weeks of Geoff's Mom Patterns.   Isn't she cute?
I love this quilt she's standing in front of. 


Here's a close up of the applique.


But check out the basket border surrounding the applique blocks.  I think it's genius.   I can't remember seeing that before.  


This is a great pattern too.   You might remember it from Karen's giveaway last week.   Two lucky winners get to make this quilt.  


This one with the little stars caught my attention.    I love stars, and stars on a light background just gets me every time.  


Striking, yes?


Here's Joyce's helper knitting in front of another lovely quilt.   


I'm cutting this short because we are having thunder and lightening right now and I want to get off the computer and into the closet!   Yes, I'm scared to death of it.  

Only a couple more things to show you from Market and then another giveaway.  

Have a great week everyone.

Hugs, Anne

18 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful things from market, always love seeing the new patterns and fabrics coming out.

Debbie

Geoff's Mom said...

Anne,

Love your blog... thanks for all the nice pictures of the blog! Sure would be fun to get together sometime and stitch!

Have a great day!

Joyce

Carol said...

Love your blocks! Geoff's Mom patterns are really, really wonderful!

moosecraft said...

Great Civil War Blocks! I think that star quilt is calling my name... ;-)

Jacqueline said...

Hope the storm passed without any damage for you.

Loved the eye candy. thanks for sharing.

Lady Locust said...

That applique is amazing - Wow!
Smiles,
JoeyLea
http://www.thelocustblossom.blogspot.com/

Yvette said...

What pretty fabrics your chose for our blocks.

Love Geoff's mom's quilts. The white star one is so pretty and the cross hatch quilting on it is perfect.

Loris said...

Yes, she is cute :-) and Joyce's quilt patterns are wonderful!
Hope you have sunshine today!

Anonymous said...

She has such nice stuff :o) Stay safe outta the storms! We had some go through our area too this afternoon.

MARCIE said...

Your CW blocks are darling! And Joyce's quilts are wonderful! Glad you had so much fun at market!

Elaine said...

Love your blog and pictures. On the Strength in Union block... I think the top left block is facing the wrong way.....

Elaine said...

Love your blog and pictures. On the Strength in Union block... I think the top left block is facing the wrong way.....

paulette said...

I'm loving your blocks!! I've got my eye on that Star Quilt!! It popped out at me...literally CALLED my name... from all the Market pictures!! I will be on the hunt for that pattern this winter for sure!! Thanks for sharing!
P

Kindred Quilts said...

Love your CW blocks... great fabrics! Thanks again for the pics of market. Such wonderful goodies!

Unknown said...

Blocks are looking fantastic!

Jamit said...

Really enjoy your blog. The CW blocks are look in' good, can't wait to see the finished quilt. And thanks for the trip thru Market. Jo Ann

Jamit said...

Really enjoy your blog. The CW blocks are look in' good, can't wait to see the finished quilt. And thanks for the trip thru Market. Jo Ann

Lori said...

Your blocks are so pretty!!
Love the market quilts too. My favorite is the sawtooth stars with light background.